Wednesday 9 March 2011

My Experience of Noida


My Experience of Noida
Noida a small city in Uttar Pradesh which was not even known a few years back has now suddenly sprang up in few years on the map of India and now a prominent part of our so called NCR(National Capital Region),thanks to the much needed industrialisation and development of IT companies offices here due to government policies. Every year thousands of people come to this place to work.I also was posted here in july2010.Till then now it has been 6 months experience of Noida which I am gonna share with you here.
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Noida is the exorbitant rates of each and everything especially living cost.I come from a tier1 city if not a metro so I was surprised when I compared the rates between my home town and Noida.The real estate prices are sky rocketing here in Noida,a simple 2BHK flat on rent having a floor area around 1000sq feet to be on relaxing side would cost you atleast 11000INR per month as compared to around 5000INR to 6000INR in a good locality of a tier1 city,now that was something which I didn’t expected from a city which is not even in tier2 or tier3 but its beat them comprehensively in exorbitant rent prices.Leave aside the funda of atleast 2month security plus brokerage charges equivalent to one month rent,so if you want a flat for rent in Noida for a 2BHK you need to shell out 44000INR at once.Now that’s a amount of money which can substantially alter the plans for your whole year.I was never accustomed to this security and brokerage funda at all in my city so it hurted even all the more to pay such a hefty amount.So if you add up the cost of electricity bill,internet,maid,water,etc which are all expensive you need to shell out 15000INR atleast on basic necessities of your family,now if you have a average salary of around 22000 to 25000INR out of which atleast 15000INR goes away for sure you are left guessing am I gonna save some real money in life because there are many other unaccountable expenses which pops up every now and then which means your net saving come around 5000INR as around more than 15000INR in any other nonmetro city.
The second thing you realize when you visit Noida is the huge realty sector.Every nook and corner of the city from Indirapuram in Ghaziabad to any sector in Noida has huge multi storey buildings having innumerable flats.There are a no. of buildings under construction some 40 floors,some 30 floors etc.So I wondered whether I was in Mumbai,New york or really Noida.But prices are as guessed comparable to a metro but even after this the interesting fact is you will find each and every builder successfully selling his projects,there seems to be a deluge of money in Noida.People here seems don’t mind about cost whatever it costs they wanna buy it.I don’t know from where the hell is money coming in.
The other thing which you would find very rare in Noida is electricity.There are scheduled cuts of atleast 6 hours a day,leave aside the unscheduled ones.So you are forced to buy a inverter and if you live in a society having a gen erator set installed be ready to pay 17INR per unit.Now that’s really electrifying.I have never been that much aware about electricity usage as Noida has made me.And I guess it would be better if I don’t say about drinking water quality which can make even RO’s sweat.But the point of learning that can be taken from here by states like Rajasthan is how Noida is able to grow industrially without plethora of electricity and water so if state govt. wants to develop it has every possibility of it.
Also I think Noida can boast off as most number of people as broker by profession.Due to such a heated realty sector every second person is broker,you will find numerous PG’s,flats running legally and illegally with help of these people.Its the quality of natives here I guess.To say the least I personally didn’t had any good experiences with people from thjs area or state till now so don’t have a very good impressions about them but it’s purely personal no offence.
The last thing which I would like to stress upon with here is the nationwide known rate of crime here and security loopholes.Every morning you go and pick a paper there is some crime happened in Ghaziabad or Noida,the Bretton wood twins.Even a group of boys don’t go out after 10PM in night.I have so many bad incidences happening with my company people and friends that it makes you feel uncomfortable even when you walk on a slightly deserted street even in evenings.
So overall my experience with Noida has not been very well,its okay as a job market,you go to your office do your job,come back home that’s it.On weekends go to Delhi or some mall because Noida itself doesn’t has any local attractions of its own except fat brokers.The affordable eating places are also very limimted in number and nothing noticeable as such about any culinary item I got to experience till now.But the shinning light in this whole debacle is the fact that it provides the best opportunites for you to experience of a metro life,enjoy without bondage from parents and feel of a independent society where you hardly get to know your neighbour and all you care about is you only.

No comments:

Post a Comment